Home HOME Cooking gas explosion burns couple heavy degree of injury , destroys properties...

Cooking gas explosion burns couple heavy degree of injury , destroys properties in Warri

233
0
Explosion of cooking Gas bottle

By Cletus Opukeme, Warri

Trouble as cooking gas cylinder explosion has given certain heavy degree of fire burn  of husband and wife identified as Philip and his wife just as it destroyed properties worth several millions of naira at a residence besides the “B” Division Police Station in Warri South LGA of Delta state..

 

Details are still sketchy as to what may have caused the gas explosion which occurred at about 1pm.

 

The explosion pulled off a portion of the building’s foundation wherein the couple are resident.

 

The collapsed building trapped the injured Philip, a Security guard with one of the banks with his wife as they begged for help while the fire rages.

 

It took the swift intervention of Officials of  the Delta State Fire Service to quench the raging fire and saved it from spreading.

 

When contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Adeyinka Adeleke in a telephone chat with Our Correspondent confirmed the report.

 

CP Adeleke said,”They said it’s true. The DPO said there was no fatality. That’s what we discussed.”

Meanwhile, the victims have been admitted in General hospital Warri by rescue team.

A medical  doctor who pleaded anonymity said the conditions of the victims are in critical condition, saying that the treatment needs enough money to purchase the needed medicines.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here