Home HOME Candle fire roasts two children, destroys building in Warri

Candle fire roasts two children, destroys building in Warri

696
0
The remains of the burnt house in Warri

Two children and properties worth millions of naira destroyed in an early morning candle fire which occurred  near Hausa Quarters in Igbudu Market, Warri.

There was no fire fighters as the children and the building burnt to arches before the eyes of neighbours and sympathizers helplessly at about 2am on Monday night August 27 when the fire incidence started.

The victims six months old baby Wealth Enorke and the other a four year old boy, Kesiena Lucky burnt beyond recognition.

Ads

Daily Watch gathered was that the cause of the fire was as a result of candle light by the grandmother of the deceased , a kerosene dealer.

An eyewitness who spoke with Our Correspondent said, the grandmother may have bought adulterated kerosene products which caught up with the flames of the candle light that was left during the  night.

The eyewitness said,”The fire burnt enveloped the whole building resulting in the death of the two children who amongst four others sleeping at night.

“The grandmother was able to rescue four of the children before she raised the alarm. But before then, the fire had spreaded to other parts of the compound where no rescue could be made.”

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here