By Amgbare Ekaunkumor, Yenagoa
The Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Dr. Iti Orugbani, is set to Constitute a Strategic Committee On Culture And Tourism Advancement.
The commissioner stated this, during a courtesy visit by the “Ibeyanaowei of Oluasiri (Olua 1), HRH. King I. C Awululu, to his office.
Dr. Orugbani said, realizing that the state is endowed with enormous cultural heritage and tourism potential, it has become imperative to chart a clear roadmap for the tourism sector.
Central to this endeavour, is the setting up of a Strategic Committee that will develop a Tourism Blueprint for the State.
He said members of the committee would be people that have total support for the prosperity administration of Governor Douye Diri and would be carefully selected based on their experience, specialism, passion and the right contacts.
The Commissioner disclosed that, the said team would be expected to focus on the following terms:
1. To work out clear strategies on development of tourist sites across the state, putting into consideration possible environmental concerns between tourism, land and biodiversity.
2. To draw from past challenges and work out an acceptable cultural promotion and tourism advancement model to ensure a coordinated and sustainable development of culture and tourism in the state.
3. To develop up-to-date content on cultural tourism marketing, highlighting the economic benefits of the industry to Bayelsa State, leveraging on low hanging fruits.
4. To identify potential partners and stakeholders that can contribute to culture and tourism advancement in the state.
5. To assist in taking any other responsibility relevant to the entire gamut of culture and tourism content development, promotion and marketing in the state.
6. To develop a workable culture and tourism development Blueprint, putting into consideration the role of government, the locals, corporate partners and other relevant stakeholders.